Rear blower motor resistor/relay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aqwk68

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think I have narrowed my rear ac/heat problem to the relay/resistor next to the rear blower motor (It has two wire harnesses that plug into it and two wires that come from it that plug into the blower motor). I can bypass this piece and get the blower motor to run. It's in my 2002 tahoe.

The problem is I can't seem to find the part number for this and the parts stores only show a resistor for the front blower motor. I did find an acdelco part which is for the aux blower motor relay. It is part# 15-8961. Would this work? I can't tell by their picture.

Last edited:

jim o

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Try rockauto.com 2003 tahoe part#ru 394 click on i next to part no. for closeup pics

fasedy13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Where is the rear blower and resistors located. My rear air stopped blowing shortly after I replaced the resistor for the front blower. So I'm assuming the rear blower resistor needs replaced but have no idea where it is located to test it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne