Hard Starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

floridayukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Since I bought my 2001 Yukon 5.3 I have had a problem starting it every time. I have gotten used to it and nobody can seem to find the problem. It takes exactly 3 turns of the key for it to turn over. Except on 1st start up of the day it turns over right away. Any help is appreciated.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What all have you diagnosed so far? Fuel pressure? starter/solenoid? Ignition switch? Is the starter turning the motor over when you try to start it or is it just clicking or doing nothing at all?

Thumper8302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i think i know what he is talkin about... on my inlaws 02 sierra it started fine on the first try but say u drive it to the gas station and its warmed up after u go in and u come back out it would take 2-4 turns of the key for it to fire up... my father in law and i replaced a diaphram i cant think of the name of the part to save my life but it was a silver ufo looking part that went to the fuel rail on the driver side..... after we changed that out it started right up every time at not temps in the middle of summer.... im not sure if we have the same thing or not.. ill check my motor out when i get off work tonight or when i get up tomorrow... hope somebody else can chime in on this....

but tell me florida.. like u said it starts up first time of the day... when u are talkin bout it not startin first turn of the key, is the motor already warmed up from like goin to the gas station like i was just talkin about?

OP
OP
F

floridayukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thumper8302

Your correct that your father in laws is doing the same as mine. I guess when the motor is cold it starts right up. As the you use it during the day it takes awile. Even if you drive 5 minutes to the store.

I guess I can describe the part to my mechanic. Thanks!

Thumper8302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thumper8302

Your correct that your father in laws is doing the same as mine. I guess when the motor is cold it starts right up. As the you use it during the day it takes awile. Even if you drive 5 minutes to the store.

I guess I can describe the part to my mechanic. Thanks!

its the same part yargnits talked about... just say fuel pressure regulator and he will know exactly what u are talkin about

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts