Dip rear vent caps appliqués?

Dip vent caps on white Yukon?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
has anyone plasti dipped those rear vent caps? Mine are the regular black ones on an 05 Yukon, don't look great. Figured either dipping them in black would be a cheap way to make them look nice. Opinions? I doubt white (truck is white) would look right....

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have them painted to match by a body shop-a nice glossy finish would look good....

OP
OP
treehan77

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
i think if i was going to spend the money to have a shop paint them, i'd want them smoothed out also. i should've emphasized the CHEAP part !

Last edited:

Effeckt

Resident Cards Fan
Reaction score
My vote would be to get smoothies and paint them to match the truck. For the cheap option, I vote black plasti-dip.

mharders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've dipped many things (esky end caps, thrid brake light, grille) for a "temporary" and cheap solution and ended up just leaving them a lot longer than expected lol. If you do it RIGHT you can have them perfectly smooth and glossy with dip. You could probably DIY for less than $20. It not going to top real paint, look at OHSIXX'S truck above^^^ (that rear end is looking good Jay lol) but it can look good

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've dipped many things (esky end caps, thrid brake light, grille) for a "temporary" and cheap solution and ended up just leaving them a lot longer than expected lol. If you do it RIGHT you can have them perfectly smooth and glossy with dip. You could probably DIY for less than $20. It not going to top real paint, look at OHSIXX'S truck above^^^ (that rear end is looking good Jay lol) but it can look good

Manny is right....Dip can look pretty good if done correctly-watch a few how to vids on youtube....you should be able to get away with 1 can of dip and 1 can of glossifier.

Thanks for noticing my rear...LOL...painter did an awesome job!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu