Painting the back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rankhornjp

Reaction score
Wife's new 2011 Avy has the black rear sides (not sure what they are called)
e91fbb0d.jpg

Has anyone painted these? Would plasti dip work?

Thanks

Jimmyp19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are called cladding and sail panels,
Are you trying to just paint them or smooth them and paint them?

Wife's new 2011 Avy has the black rear sides (not sure what they are called)
e91fbb0d.jpg

Has anyone painted these? Would plasti dip work?

Thanks

lx4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am getting mine re painted now, the first time the guy didn't prep it properly, the second guy is peeling all the paint off sanding it and painting it smooth all for $500 plus doing my running boards again $200, hope to pick the parts up Friday. So I would find a paint shop that has been in the business for a while and knows how paint lays on different material. Good luck and it will look great when it's done, I did my running boards cause I didn't like the black in the middle look and also I paint the front lower lip

lx4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here is some pics of my truck before my repaint

Attachments

• IMG_0102[1].jpg
    IMG_0102[1].jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_0103[1].jpg
    IMG_0103[1].jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0096[1].jpg
    IMG_0096[1].jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 44

micah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2012 came painted from the factory. I heard they only offer it in certain colors though.

lx4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its an overlay, i am thinking about selling it and getting another grille but its hard to find a nice one.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to do it "right", buy the Escalade EXT sail panels which lays on top of the factory sail panels that are unpainted. The sail panels from the EXT are already a smooth texture so it comes out much better when trying to paint it. Plus then you can get the Esky EXT Third brake light too :)

Jimmyp19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you want to do it "right", buy the Escalade EXT sail panels which lays on top of the factory sail panels that are unpainted. The sail panels from the EXT are already a smooth texture so it comes out much better when trying to paint it. Plus then you can get the Esky EXT Third brake light too :)

Yup, what i did!

I also have a set of southern comfort panels to sell if anyone is interested, the are below in this section

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues