Noise in suspension on 2011 suburban and rant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99thomas

Reaction score
Took the suburban in today to have it checked out after i was hearing mechanical clicking sound coming from the driver side when entering and leaving driveway while turning. While i checked it out yesterday i tightened everything since i had recently put a level kit on it and turned out fine there but found out they didnt even grease the fittings up front during its recent service along with the 50k service/alignment for level kit and the driver side shaft seal was leaking. Mechanic had problems with the ccm level kit...he didnt realize it but i was right behind him while he was giving his two cents to the guy at the counter...

Turns out like normal they couldnt replicate the noise so no solution there but i didnt hear it when i came home. Although they still didn't grease it like i told them so i am going to or just gonna take it to the gmc dealer down the road and have them check it out since nobody needs a fustrated mechanic looking over anything he doesnt own..plus in my mind a good mechanic cleans up the mess he makes from any fluids. But the part I really question is why my lower control arm would be removed or loosened to remove the cv shaft...should just be the upper ball joint and sway bar just like when installing the strut, right? Also it kinda felt a little loose or light in the front end when i was driving home...any ideas...have to get it realigned again?