CEL P0300/P0306 and P0507

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rbposey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 1997 K1500. Purchased new. 299230 miles. It's been a great truck.

Started running rough in early winter.

#6 plug does appear to be fouled. I have replaced the following: new cap, rotor, plugs, wires, coil, throttle position sensor, intake air control. All but plugs were original. Went to fuel system next: new fuel pump (it had 160K on it) and spider (original). Harmonic balancer was noisy so I changed that and the original timing chain and gears. New cat and o2 sensors a few years back. New speed sensor last summer.

Sometimes it runs ok... most of the time it's like it's not getting enough gas or has a vacuum leak. RPM runs to 1.5/1.8k on start then bleeds off to 1k - which is too high.

Would like to avoid rebuilding heads right now. It will become the spare vehicle next month. Just trying to get it to pass MD emissions inspection.

I've done all my own maintenance and repair except for rebuilding the rear and the transmission. Purchased a service manual when I bought the truck - it's been very helpful.

I am looking for a recommendation for scantool software. Don't want to spend a fortune... like around $150-200. Does anyone know if scantool.net offers a good product? Can you read the sensor outputs with it? Will it tell me if the computer is bad?

Thanks for all thoughts, consideration, and ideas.

Rich