Marioski's 2007 Avalanche LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Marioski

Marioski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! I bought all that stuff a while back but have been too lazy to get it all done to my frame rails. Are you planning on doing the escalade EXT sail panel conversion w/ the escalade LED third brake light? Or possibly just sanding down the ones you have and color matching?

I'm going to leave the sail panels alone for now. If I can get my hands on some Esky ones that I'll grab that opportunity. But for now I think the contrast between the orange color and the black with the sail panels gives the truck a good look. I think it would be a iittle too much orange with painted sail panels.

OP
OP
Marioski

Marioski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hahaha. I'll be looking like a rolling pumpkin down the pavement. I do need to update the pictures as I've done some little things here and there. The Avalanche got its factory antenna hidden thanks to some parts from a Tahoe, upgraded to silverstar ultra's (what a pita to remove the head lights), and a few other goods that my brain can't think of this early morning.

Oh well, I'll be heading out on a 2000 mile road trip next week. I'm sure I'll be able to sneak in some awesome pictures on the road. Will post those up.

adamjeeps

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks like the previous owner took out the original wood cup holders and replaced with the open style. I went opposite on my Z71 and changed over to the GMC All Terrain style.
Can you show your antenna set up? I deleted mine too and tried to run an antenna down the fender but my reception is poor.

Great looking truck!!

OP
OP
Marioski

Marioski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the previous owner took out the original wood cup holders and replaced with the open style. I went opposite on my Z71 and changed over to the GMC All Terrain style.
Can you show your antenna set up? I deleted mine too and tried to run an antenna down the fender but my reception is poor.

Great looking truck!!

No that's how they came on the 07 LTZ's. They didn't start putting in the wood grain center console cup holder till 08 or 09 I believe. Not sure if I want to swap that in as it offers less open area for my crap. Dunno. Have to maybe go hop into an Tahoe/Avy that has one and look at it.

adamjeeps

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No that's how they came on the 07 LTZ's. They didn't start putting in the wood grain center console cup holder till 08 or 09 I believe. Not sure if I want to swap that in as it offers less open area for my crap. Dunno. Have to maybe go hop into an Tahoe/Avy that has one and look at it.

Didn't know that about the 07's. I hate having clutter around me so I like only being able to have 2 drinks and my cell phone and charger there. That tray was too big of a catch all for stuff that I should put in the console.

How is your FM and AM reception on your antenna mod?

OP
OP
Marioski

Marioski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:happybday:
Didn't know that about the 07's. I hate having clutter around me so I like only being able to have 2 drinks and my cell phone and charger there. That tray was too big of a catch all for stuff that I should put in the console.

Do you have enough room with that console for a cell phone? It looks small and that's one of the only reasons I haven't pulled the trigger it buying one. I am the same way about clutter.

Honestly don't listen to am and much fm. Mostly xm. However, i'm in not to far from Chicago so the FM signals are strong. All the big stations come in just fine. I still have the antenna, it's just removed and hidden inside the weather ship that is located towards the back of the hood. I just made a short custom jumper wire to keep it connected to the post. Also replaced the cowl piece with one off a Suburban that doesn't have the antenna hole.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My 07 LTZ came with the wood grain cup holders.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

You could always get one of these antennas like I got:

IMG_3644.jpg
IMG_3645.jpg

OP
OP
Marioski

Marioski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 07 LTZ came with the wood grain cup holders.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Oh wth.... now I feel jipped. I have seen other early LTZ's without it as well.

Do you find you have enough room in the front bin to keep stuff in or is it fairly small?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I find that it's enough space. I don't really like a bunch of "clutter". That's what the center console is for :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts