Marioski's 2007 Avalanche LTZ

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marioski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So earlier this summer I decided to replace my 02 Sport Trac with an 07 Avalanche. I've always been a Ford guy but I never really liked the Ford crew cab pickup (other then an F350HD power stroke which I have already) and wish they made a bigger variation of the Sport Trac. The Avalanche fit the bill and I decided to pull the trigger on a used one.

I found mine about 50 some miles north of me in a border town of Illinois / Wisconsin. It was a toss up between a black LTZ and a sunburst orange LTZ. However, everyone and their grandma has a black one around here so I decided I would be different and search for a sunburst orange one. Let me just say they are not the easiest ones to find on the used car market, especially when you exactly which options you want. Mine is loaded with every single option available from GM minus the power running boards and was a one owner truck. So far I'm loving it and have no complaints. The only issue I have had and I discovered it after doing a level kit is a non functioning compressor for the rear self level. Yup, the compressor was completely shot and split in half. That was replaced thru Gmpartsgiant and really no big deal. You have to expect a few things to be out of whack on a 5 year old truck.

Time for some pictures.

Traded in this truck for the Avy. She had 190K miles on her and would have gone further but I was starting to hear some torque convertor shudder at start up and was not willing to dump money into the trans at that point. Gotta know when to get out of a vehicle I guess. Also needed a bigger truck as well.

Traded this in
IMG4058-L.jpg

When I picked it up from the dealership.

IMG4056-L.jpg

IMG7702-L.jpg

Time for some mods! Can't leave her alone! First thing that went were the ugly gold bowties. I pianted them to match the body color.

IMG4208-L.jpg

IMG4589-L.jpg

while painting, decided to dress up the engine cover
IMG4220-L.jpg

Next up was getting the front windows tinted 30%
IMG4361-L.jpg

I found some sweet Volant tips on eBay for $65!!! What a deal! Had to swap those in.
IMG4614-L.jpg

Rough Country Level Kit
IMG0523-L.jpg

IMG0517-L.jpg

If the rear end looks a little bit lower,it probably is. This is when I figured out my air ride suspension compressor took a dump on the prior owner. I don't blame him for not wanting to replace it as I quickly found out how much it cost from a dealership. I was able to score a brand new one for $325, so it got replaced shortly after this picture and all is level now.

I do have property in Michigan and it has some trails on it to get around and get to some of our pole buildings. So on came some Z71 skid plates
IMG4767-L.jpg

IMG4775-L.jpg

So far the complete mod list is:
-Body color matched Bow Ties
-Repaired steering wheel trim with oem replacements
-Front windows tinted 30% by zTech in Naperville, IL
-Custom painted engine cover
-Nav map updated to 2011 (I know it's technically not a mod)
-Weather Tech front and rear mats
-Volant Super Tips (with resonator delete)
-Rough Country Leveling Kit
-Z71 oem skid plates (coating with POR15)

Future plans
-Airaid MIT tube with oilless filter
-Moroso air/oil separator
-Oem/GM trans cooler

Last edited:

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
im in love with that color lol i should as i also have a orange truck

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
Very nice! The color matched bowties are a must. Not sure why chevy continues to do ugly gold.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love this so far.......

Keep Going.

Love the color.

What did you use to make sure the paint sticks to the engine cover?

OP
OP
Marioski

Marioski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used spray adhesion promoter that I had left over from custom painting my entire engine from my Mustang. It was used on the cam covers and plastic intake runner so I figured it should work on this project.

I didn't take any pictures but today's project included Por 15, Marine Cleaner, Eastwood Chassis Black, some Por 15 on the rear frame rails and new brake pads and rear spring spacers.. I didn't take any pictures but it looks like it rolled off the assembly line.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used spray adhesion promoter that I had left over from custom painting my entire engine from my Mustang. It was used on the cam covers and plastic intake runner so I figured it should work on this project.

I didn't take any pictures but today's project included Por 15, Marine Cleaner, Eastwood Chassis Black, some Por 15 on the rear frame rails and new brake pads and rear spring spacers.. I didn't take any pictures but it looks like it rolled off the assembly line.

Nice! I bought all that stuff a while back but have been too lazy to get it all done to my frame rails. Are you planning on doing the escalade EXT sail panel conversion w/ the escalade LED third brake light? Or possibly just sanding down the ones you have and color matching?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts