Next Avy Mods...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

micah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had several positive comments on my Avy, which is very flattering. However, I'm not happy with it yet. Something is off right now. I'm thinking it is the wheels. Not sure if it is style or size.

I'll most likely remove the roof rack soon and the LT badging.

I'm open to suggestions and feedback. You guys are more experienced than I am. I just traded in my Challenger for this thing a little over a month ago, so I'm a complete noob.

Here are some pics...

0Q0LP.jpg
OExkp.jpg
Yx3Lw.jpg

Thanks in advance,
Micah

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A debadge would go a LONG ways along with your roof rack removal or get an EXT roof rack. Maybe even color match your mirrors :hmm:

tdrumm

Reaction score
You know I love your Avy, but I think it would look even better without the roof rack, the little LT badges, and the Avalance on the tail gate. Leave the emblems and moldings on the doors.

And like was just said above, smooth and color match the entire mirror. Or maybe paint it all gloss black to blend with the windows.

Stance and wheels are perfect IMO, don't change them.

I don't know what you have going on inside, but I'd paint all the wood grain pieces silver too.

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
Is the front a little higher than the rear, or is it just me?
I would get the EXT roof rack. Besides that and a debadge, I say it is damn near perfect!

OP
OP
micah

micah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know I love your Avy, but I think it would look even better without the roof rack, the little LT badges, and the Avalance on the tail gate. Leave the emblems and moldings on the doors.

These are my exact thoughts

And like was just said above, smooth and color match the entire mirror. Or maybe paint it all gloss black to blend with the windows.

I was thinking Escalade mirrors with the painted cap and chrome accent. But I'm not sure I can handle the gap along the base.

I don't know what you have going on inside, but I'd paint all the wood grain pieces silver too.

Inside is just wood and leather. I'm pretty happy with it now. But paint might not be a bad idea. Silver and charcoal may be too boring on the inside though?

Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited:
OP
OP
micah

micah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the front a little higher than the rear, or is it just me?
I would get the EXT roof rack. Besides that and a debadge, I say it is damn near perfect!

That's been a hard one to decide. Ground to lip the back is 1/2" higher in the back. But I think the shape of the top of the bed tapers towards the back creating that illusion. I've talked to some shops locally and no one thinks it can be raised any in the back. I plan to continue my search and see what advice I get online.

The debadge will happen soon as time is available. I'm going to try removing the rack first then if I decide I don't like it the EXT rack is top on the list.

Thanks for the comments. Keep em coming!

OP
OP
micah

micah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a nice comparison of what my truck looks like next to one that looks like mine did on the lot.

naCMn.jpg

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I would pit the ext roof rack, debadge completely, and maybe invest in a small drop. Or hell what i really would do is a 6inch lift 33s and 18 rims

OP
OP
micah

micah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would pit the ext roof rack, debadge completely, and maybe invest in a small drop. Or hell what i really would do is a 6inch lift 33s and 18 rims

Hah. I thought about a lift but really wanted it to fit in the garage. But that would've been rad though!

Actually is already has a 2/4 belltech drop with 22s.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remove the badges, moldings, and roof rack. IMO a roof rack does not belong on a truck with a bed unless it's up there to be used. I think an EXT one would look worse.

Are those GM accessory wheels? Those do look good but 24s would definitely look better since its a NNBS.

As far as the mirrors - that's a tough call. I say either all black or all silver. The only problem with the black on the bottom edge hangs over the silver too much.

Also a light tint on the headlights and tails would look good.

Do the G4 tails fit on those trucks? The OE tails look just like the Tahoe ones.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt