Fuel Pump Keeps Running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SlickBR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got an issue here that I haven't had any luck in finding a solution for... YES, I've tried the searches on several forums....

My wife has a 2001 Chevy Suburban LT, 4x2; this last Thursday night she came home, shut off the truck & upon removing the key, some thing kept whining under the truck. Once I got home, listened to the sound & laid down under the middle of the drivers side I determined it was the fuel pump.

I've read about the Oil Pressure Sensor being related to this is some capacity, but during some trouble shooting today, I don't think it is. I unplugged the Oil Pressure Sensor & the pump started running again, once the positive was reconnected at the battery.

Other Google searches have made mention of a Fuel pump flow control module, but I have yet to find any posts that talk about it causing the fuel pump to run constantly even when the keys are out of the ignition.

I really could use some assistance.

Thanks

WiCK3D_SiX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
start with wiring. Check for wires that are worn bare near metal components that could be grounding out. Swap the relay with a known good one to see if the relay is stuck etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972