Plasti Dip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mharders

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The gunmetal was super easy to work with. White PD in general is the worst color to work with. Lots of people have issues with bad coverage and texture issues. Yes all is was pretty simple to correct my mistakes (texture) I just thinned those spots out and re sprayed. It's a really forgiving product.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

middelgriff1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go for it, its really easy to use, I went with flat white over maroon and it came out fine

Drok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea I've used it on my grill and it's pretty durable too 3 winters and getting hit from rocks in the front

OP
OP
oh1yukonslt

oh1yukonslt

Wikitsikone
Reaction score
Cool thanks guys im sold on it. I have a few friends say I should do a matte black on her and matte with gloss on the wheels and VHT tint the tails and turns. I think it would look pretty sinister like that. But I don't know yet. I ordered the matte black. But was going to try a 2 tone effect. But more I think about it there would be a hard edge and it would be an eye sore unless I feathered it

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Dipped my denali from black to matte white. Just make sure you buy enough gallons. I used about 6-7 on mine. Take you time. It was my first vehicle dip as well. I made a couple mistakes for my first time but it came out good imo.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Looks good man. Im gonna do the opposite I think go from white to matte black

Gatorlac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found a color they make that matches the diamond white perfect so I'm gonna do my running board/back bumper pads, grill, black part of mirrors and plastic pieces under the hood...going for an anti-murdered look. The only thing I cant decide on is to do the wheels or get dust covers and do those. After hearing so many stories about how tough it is I think it'll hold up fine, theres actually a few people on the DYC forum that dipped their leather seats lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mimi66972