Test driving an 01 yukon xl, have a few questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes I read the sticky about buying a gmt800. I have a couple of questions though.

It appears to have an aftermarket DVD system that either I can figure out or it doesn't operate. No big deal there I can get a new one

The second is the radio(stock)doesn't pick up AM stations at all. There are two antennas on the back side windows, but I'm not sure if they are factory or something with the aftermarket DVD system. uvyrenuz.jpg
eza6avyj.jpg

Lastly the ac seems to blow great when pulling outside air, but blows hardly any on setting 1-2 when on recirculate. Setting 3-5 blow great but the blower getting increasingly louder with each setting. Does this model have a cabin air filter?

The truck is pretty clean, no leaks, no rust. Has 104k, for an 01 I think is pretty good. Engine runs great, and trans shifts smooth.

It does have a rattle from the catalytic convertor area. Not sure if it's a heat shield or enteral yet.
hy7e8e6u.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much is it going for?

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 AM ----------

Look like old cell antennas

OP
OP
Rangel

Rangel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are asking 8800. But I'm a cash buyer and will negotiate.

It does crawled under it this morning it does appear to have a ps leak. The rear sub is blown. Other than a few things the interior is clean. Tan leather, heated,memory, captain seats in middle.

AM Seems to be working fine this morning. Must have been in a bad area when I tried it.

jesse53

Reaction score
My 2002 had a dirty cabin filter..I'd try that first.

chef choy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
haven't been on in a while, I pretty much have the same thing. I got mine and interior was perfect, but had a small ding in front bumper. I paid 6k.

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
antennas could've been for old TV tuner maybe.. my cabin filter was dirty as hell when i changed it, had leaves falling out! they're easy to change out too and cheap!