Suburban v Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Monkeyman

Reaction score
Any difference (other than cosmetic) between the Chevy Suburban and the Yukon XL? I'm looking for a Tahoe/Yukon but I wouldn't be opposed to one of the land yachts. Not sure what to look for in a Yukon XL. I'd like whatever the top of the line trim is (except the Denali...not really my thing and it doesn't look like I could get shiftable 4 wheel drive).

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tahoe/Yukon same

Suburban/Yukon XL same

Then there are different trims, like the Yukon has SL SLT Denali and the Tahoe has LS LT LTZ

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suburbans are better. Yukons are poopy as are the owners. That's all :challenge:

:D

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This nnbs section?

I have both. The suburban looks masculine and more bulky and badass

The Yukon is sleeker. Also is easy to make a knock off denali version with a Yukon base. look baller on a budget.

OP
OP
M

Monkeyman

Reaction score
I can't afford an NNBS. I'm looking for an NBS. If the 'Burb and the Yukon XL are the same on the outside, how can one look more masculine than the other? Sorry but the Denali doesn't impress me. I probably wouldn't even consider one as I'm not trying to impress the neighbors (just myself) and I don't think the NBS Denalis come with selectable 4 wheel drive.

dcarver

Reaction score
I have found only very minor differences in my 03 1500 LS suburban and 02 2500 yukon xl SLE. The seats were upgraded in 03 but the 02 is still comfortable. I prefer the AC controls on the yukon and it has power driver and passenger seats. The yukon also has Autoride suspension. Other than that they are identicle in every way except for the 496CI vs 323CI ;)

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The denali's come with AWD. For the NBS I think the Tahoe looks much better but that's just my opinion. I'd get an NBS tahoe Z71 with the color matched fender flares and call it a day!

OP
OP
M

Monkeyman

Reaction score
I'd get an NBS tahoe Z71 with the color matched fender flares and call it a day!

That was my original intent but finding one is proving a bit difficult so I thought I'd include the land yachts in my search. I like the look of all 4 (Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban/YukonXL) so it doesn't really matter to me which I get. I live in a rural/suburban area so the extra size of the 'Burb/XL doesn't matter. I don't go off road so I don't NEED the shorter wheelbase of the Tahoe. The gas mileage seems to be close to the same for either size and I'm used to getting well under 20 mpg. I think they all have the same 5.3 motor (not counting the 2500s or the Denali) so the only real differences I can see (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) are the interior refinements/options. I want all the bells and whistles I can get without getting a Denali. Like I said, I'm NOT about trying to impress the neighbors. I'll end up tinting the windows so nobody but me will even know that it's loaded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues