1997 GMC K2500 Suburban - A/C button - no light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MartyW

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've just acquired a 1997 GMC Suburban K2500 that I'd like to use as a tow vehicle. This burb seems to have been pretty well kept with most things working, but one thing not working is the A/C. When the A/C button is pressed on the control panel, the button light does not illuminate.

Does this sound like a bad control head or something else ? I'll check fuses this weekend when it warms up a few degrees. I had a 1998 burb with same controls and I had A/C problems several times but at all times the A/C button lit up on the '98 and passed power to the A/C compressor.

Thanks,
Marty

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, Swap in Head unit.Worked for me. Be very careful with the wiring and mounting clips. they snap EASY!

Lancem

Reaction score
I've had bad heads do the same thing, question, does the AC work and there is no light, or no AC or light? If say you have low pressure in the system the light won't light either, nor will the AC run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal