motor build questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tobysan90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My 05 suburban has 205thousand miles and is starting to make noise and smoke from the VGseals leaking. My questions is i have a 80thousand mile 6.0 block and a set of new 5.3 heads, i know they can be bolted on and run my factory intake and all that, what cam would you guys recomend for this build just as it being a tow pig and random driver.

YukonXL04

The Riverboat
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you would probably get more responses posting this in the NBS performance section. however most are going to say call a cam company and tell them your plans and driving style, and they can recommend one.

OP
OP
tobysan90

tobysan90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ok thanks sir, just didnt want to post in wrong section and all that jazz

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for towing id recomend running a stock cam or stock equivalent as far as lobe lift and duration and all that or a cam setup for low end power loud harly sounding deep loping cams have alot less low end power thats why a higher stall speed torque converter is recomended also for towing its a good idea to go with the 5.3 heads it will keep a lower compression ratio wich is better for towing highcompression ratios create more HP but also create more heat

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17