2004 Suburban 2500 LT- Autoride Question??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jsleeper

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello, I have a 2004 Suburban 2500 LT with the autoride suspension. My question is, Is there a way to test the air compressor? I have never heard it run andI have had the truck loaded with people trailers etc. It always seems to sit level so I never questioned that it was working but that pump has to make some noise right?? Thanks for any help.

2500XL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
To further this, how would one go about replacing the shocks to eliminate the "service ride control" message? My 04 2500 has the light on and I would be very happy to see it fixed.

Thanks

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
Do you want to replace them with the same shocks? Or are you wanting to do away with the system completely?

2500XL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you want to replace them with the same shocks? Or are you wanting to do away with the system completely?

Honestly, I want to do whatever is most reliable in the long run. I don't think I'll miss out on much by not having the auto ride, but please give your opinion on what the best bet is

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
Well, the oem shocks are about $250 each for the front and the rear are about $275 each. The aftermarket equivalents are slightly cheaper than this. You can certainly get away with getting some heavy duty non-electronic shocks for a fraction of the cost.

However, you will lost functionality of the active-dampening system...if that matters to you. You will also need to wire some resistors into each shock location where the OEM harness would connect to the OEM shock. There are several companies that make plug & play units for this to eliminate the SERVICE SUSPENSION SYSTEM light/message that comes on at every startup.

2500XL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, the oem shocks are about $250 each for the front and the rear are about $275 each. The aftermarket equivalents are slightly cheaper than this. You can certainly get away with getting some heavy duty non-electronic shocks for a fraction of the cost.

However, you will lost functionality of the active-dampening system...if that matters to you. You will also need to wire some resistors into each shock location where the OEM harness would connect to the OEM shock. There are several companies that make plug & play units for this to eliminate the SERVICE SUSPENSION SYSTEM light/message that comes on at every startup.

Man I really appreciate all the help!

Considering the truck is almost 10 years old and 150k miles, the need of the fancy shocks aren't a big deal to me. If I replaced them with OEM shocks, would I really notice the electronic dampening? Considering I can get a great set of rancho or bilstein for $200-something CAD, I think price pretty much makes up my mind for this one. Do you have any links to the plug-and-play resistor kits?

Thanks!

Tom

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
This this place:
https://www.arnottindustries.com/

They don't list stuff for the 2500 on there, so I would call them. Just tell them you need the error eliminator modules or whatever they are called because you want to ditch autoride on your 2500. The modules should work for you.

2500XL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This this place:
https://www.arnottindustries.com/

They don't list stuff for the 2500 on there, so I would call them. Just tell them you need the error eliminator modules or whatever they are called because you want to ditch autoride on your 2500. The modules should work for you.

It looks like they make a good product but there's nothing there for 2500's, I already emailed them. I'll do some browsing to see if I can find something else that can simply trick the system into thinking it's all good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt