Lifting an '05 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Z71 that I'd like to lift 2" or so. My truck does not have the auto-ride rear suspension, just the self-leveling shocks and coils in back. I know these are lifted somewhat compared to "normal" models, by about an inch or so. I'm wondering if I could put coil spacers and shock extensions in back and crank the keys up front. Or does the front also have self-leveling shocks? Help a newb out with this. Thanks.

purple 'hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking a leveling kit and coil spacers would work for you. Cranking on the factory keys will only get you like an inch or so. Can you get longer self adjusting shocks or no? Never really looked into it

06GMC5.3L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford keys will work. You should be able to crank your stock keys high enough to level it though if that's what you are after. IMO leave the back, and just lift up the front to level it out.

OP
OP
noJeepshere

noJeepshere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford keys will work. You should be able to crank your stock keys high enough to level it though if that's what you are after. IMO leave the back, and just lift up the front to level it out.

Decided not to bother with this suburban, it's actually being sold if anyone is looking.

Cent frum a smaert fone