Next Avy Mods...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmyp19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Debadge, remove roof rack, and door moldings you'll love it

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Change rims out, esky EXT roof rack, and 09+ LTZ/Denali door side moulding with chrome trim. Esky EXT Tails would look good on it too.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 PM ----------

Remove the badges, moldings, and roof rack. IMO a roof rack does not belong on a truck with a bed unless it's up there to be used. I think an EXT one would look worse.

Are those GM accessory wheels? Those do look good but 24s would definitely look better since its a NNBS.

As far as the mirrors - that's a tough call. I say either all black or all silver. The only problem with the black on the bottom edge hangs over the silver too much. I actually have the LED tails most similar to the G4's but made for the avy.

Also a light tint on the headlights and tails would look good.

Do the G4 tails fit on those trucks? The OE tails look just like the Tahoe ones.

The G4 tails do not work with this truck. I thought so too but they definitely don't as I've really looked into it. The lines are completely different.

OP
OP
micah

micah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are great. Thanks for all the suggestions. You've talked me into removing the moldings which I hadn't considered before.

I would've loved to do some of this today but it was 100 in the shade and I just got some ink done to boot. Next weekend is my wedding reception. So it might be a while before I have any updates.

Felix- What wheel style and size would you recommend? I've found some used 22" U2-55 locally for cheap. I've always been drawn to this wheel and the price might be hard to beat. I'm open to suggestions though!

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice Avvvy-definitely unique.

My personal favorite OEM wheel 22" CK375. Would look great on your ride.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd go with oem factory 22's also. The ext roof rack I got was from eBay. I also saw ext tails on there before too. Or you could go with some aftermarket led tails.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The U2 55s are played out but they are such a clean design. But you need at least 24s. Use NathanJax's Yukon as an example of why you need 24s. His is perfect.

lx4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would keep the moulding, remove the emblems, get the front lip painted to match(PTM), get some escalade mirrors(PTM), Running boards(PTM), Roof rack(PTM) not the side rail keep it black, get some 24s either OEM escalade style or a wheel with a nice lip. Get aftermarket led taillights

OP
OP
micah

micah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The U2 55s are played out but they are such a clean design. But you need at least 24s. Use NathanJax's Yukon as an example of why you need 24s. His is perfect.

Oh I love that Yukon. It is perfect. I wonder if I would run into any issues with 24s since I also am lowered. Any idea?

OP
OP
micah

micah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would keep the moulding, remove the emblems, get the front lip painted to match(PTM), get some escalade mirrors(PTM), Running boards(PTM), Roof rack(PTM) not the side rail keep it black, get some 24s either OEM escalade style or a wheel with a nice lip. Get aftermarket led taillights

Running boards are a good idea but what about a black roof rack? I thought they were chrome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17