Manifold leaks with broken bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Basically, all I have to say is if you have a vehicle with a GM engine, and are having leaks in the exhaust manifold because of broken bolts. Do not waste your time drilling them out. Kral Auto Parts make a kit for that that fixes it permanently. Plus they are American made. So support the US, and fix it the right way so it doesn't keep happening. Also, keep rocking the Avalanche!

ccapehartusarmyINF.(ret)

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good tip except for the Avalanche is probably the most hideous vehicle that GM has ever produced who ever is responsible for the design of that front end should be shot

t.stimpson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive used these and they do work great, and cheap

OP
OP
J

Jimmy69

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah, I think they are great. For any GM truck or SUV too

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A banddaid is all it is.
Pull the manifold, weld a nut to the broken stud with a wire feed welder and back it out.

Half ass is still half ass, regardless how much you spend or what gadget you use.

jjwalker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have also used those kral auto parts repair kits. I loved them. definitely not a band aid, and works for all different kinds of GM SUV's and trucks of various motor sizes. Their website is very helpful

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fc13d0fa851c49ff9458930f7bd94012.jpg

Doc Holaday

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got my bracket in the mail from kral. Looks easy enough minus it being the back bolt on the drivers side in my 07 Yukon. Gonna go wrench shopping to get in that tight space.