Plasti Dip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oh1yukonslt

Wikitsikone
Reaction score
Thinking about plasti dipping my entire Yukon XL matte black or flat black. What do you guys think how would that look? And want to powercoat my wheels satin black. Wanting to get the "murdered out look" Going to tint the tails next month. Just wanting some ideas or pointers.

OP
OP
oh1yukonslt

oh1yukonslt

Wikitsikone
Reaction score
Here you go, everything you need to do the job right.

http://www.dipyourcar.com/ProfessionalCarKitTruckSUV.html

Perfect thanks man. Wanting to do this next month. Need to clean my friends shop out first of all the wood chips from cutting and chopping firewood. Sad thing is even with the mirrors folded in I bet there is about 1/4 of an inch room on each side to get it in there. Once in there there is plenty of room. Bad design on his door. Trying to get ideas on what it will look like. Im going to be doing it all on the weekend. Any tips or advice?

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Their channel on youtube has all to how to's you could want. I got all the little tricks from their videos. And now I would say I'm pretty good at dipping.

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsqsjtd902RLo8peD11olPw

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 AM ----------

[yt]XPTIAAr112c[/yt]

---------- Post added at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

[yt]y3jdl_nuoDQ[/yt]

OP
OP
oh1yukonslt

oh1yukonslt

Wikitsikone
Reaction score
Cool deal thanks man for the info. Kinda worries me being this will be the first time. But im sure I can get it down and make it look good. How long did it take you to get good at dipping?

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
[yt]4yAreuSt0tY[/yt]

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

Cool deal thanks man for the info. Kinda worries me being this will be the first time. But im sure I can get it down and make it look good. How long did it take you to get good at dipping?

I did some small things first (badges, trim, etc.). Then I did my grille shell white/black. Then wheels. And after that I had it down pretty good. I have front/rear bumpers, trim, badges, roof rack, wheels, grille shell, and bowtie dipped.

I have also done stuff for my friends.

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:17 AM ----------

I wash all my dip at the local do-it-your-self wash with the pressure washer. I just wait a week before I put high pressure on it.

OP
OP
oh1yukonslt

oh1yukonslt

Wikitsikone
Reaction score
Good deal. Thanks again for the info and the videos. I will sub them on Youtube and get more knowledge on it. Seen a few rigs around here dipped and they look pretty sick. Thanks for the tips

linehaul

Reaction score
Not to hijack your thread but i Plast-dipped the hood of my 1972 Bronco using 2 cans
From Home depot. I love this stuff

photo6_zps1928e7a8.jpg

OP
OP
oh1yukonslt

oh1yukonslt

Wikitsikone
Reaction score
Not to hijack your thread but i Plast-dipped the hood of my 1972 Bronco using 2 cans
From Home depot. I love this stuff

Nice it looks good!! I have been watching lots of videos of Fonzie and learning techniques before I even attempt it

crazyikon86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pick up some cans and spray your wheels. you will get it quick. if u **** up u peel it and do it again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal