Got a 08 Avalanche my 2nd post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did it but it was a pain in the ass. Yea it would def look better without cross bars.

OP
OP
F

Freddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I may take them off this weekend....how hard is it to take off...the cross bars that is?

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You unscrew it and it's off. Take the rack off with the cross rails on it. 1/10 on the hardness scale 10 being the hardest.

OP
OP
F

Freddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool thanks so I guess I need to take the entire rack off to get the cross bars off.

Dizigidy

Reaction score
Have no fear, when modifying just add beer.

3/5 drop
Front: 2" belltech spindles, 1" bt coils, stock struts
Rear: 5"+ new belltech coils from tony, airlift helper bags (60748), rear hardware kit, djm lowering shocks, and free travel mod.
Haven't decided on rims yet. Still have to debadge, black out bowties and grill.

Attachments

• 2285.jpg
    2285.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
F

Freddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice...hows the ride? I should have mine back tomorrow and the pics will go up...hope it looks good. I'm doing a 2/4 instead.

Dizigidy

Reaction score
Actually rides very nice. No rubbing full lock either way or when hitting big dips. Body roll is significantly reduced. Which I love! The rear coils absorb everything and don't feel "bumpy" at all. My truck also floats down the freeway like a cadillac. I couldn't have been more happy with my setup.

OP
OP
F

Freddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On your helpers how hard was that to install? How much psi are you running in them. I bottom out on big dips if Im going to fast. I'm just afraid if I fill the cab up or put anything in the bed I will bottom out even more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal