01 Yukon XL 4X4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chef choy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up my Yukon about a month a go and been enjoying it. Trying to decide witch way to go with it. I think I have finally decided to lift it just a couple inches, do exhaust with a tip, Cold Air intake, 33's, and kinda thinking of doing a brush guard in the front. Going for an urban/offroad look. It is Pewter on Tan.

Wondering on the lift......Thinking of doing Keys, and coil spring spacers. I'm trying to "Ball on a Budget"....I saw this kit from Rough Country....http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rough-Count...Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d159ffba7&vxp=mtr

I had heard that you don't need to replace the stock shocks (let me know if this is incorrect). If that is the case, do you think that I could get away with just getting these 2 items?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-BILLE...Parts_Accessories&hash=item53f8b3ddd7&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281113744149?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

OP
OP
C

chef choy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Slapped on some 20's today that I got off Craigslist for 375. They have 285/60/20's on them and I think it is a close fit. Don't think that you could go taller or wider. I am still going to do the Keys, and Spacers for a little lift. The new wheels lifted it a little, and I love it. Here's a pic.......
db628015-7f7d-4662-8f72-1988fe7795a1.jpg

thegeneral

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't do keys! You'll be replacing ball joints every 6 months. The keys put the shafts at a bad angle and it does wonders on your suspension (I know from experience). Go for a full on lift or keep it the way it is... I think it looks sweet as you have it now!

OP
OP
C

chef choy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't do keys! You'll be replacing ball joints every 6 months. The keys put the shafts at a bad angle and it does wonders on your suspension (I know from experience). Go for a full on lift or keep it the way it is... I think it looks sweet as you have it now!

thanks man, going to de badge it as soon as I have some free time, and got a K&N CAI that should be in this week......

OP
OP
C

chef choy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put on a K&N Cold Air tonight. The wind chill was like 6 degrees, but couldnt tell much of a gain in performance...............maybe a little......tough to tell. Makes the engine bay look a little nicer. Took a pic, still haven't cleaned it from the previous owner......Hopefully after the first of the year I can go through and detail the hell out of it.

IMG_0803.gif

Leedogg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice- looks like you have a good start going.

IMO you can do keys- just be sensible. DONT do 2" keys- then crank them all the way, that would not be good. I run the RCX NTD 6" on my Burb...4.5" comes from the drop bracket, the other 1.5 come by a torsion bar bracket the 'clocks' the lower a arms to achieve the lift. The is same thing that keys do. All 6" lifts that I looked at cranked the A-arm is some way.

OP
OP
C

chef choy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't last long. Funny story, first accident ever......hit my wife and totaled BOTH of our cars. Kept this around for a little while to scavenge parts from. Got another 00 Yukon XL. Will start new thread.....Pics to come!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011