2010 suburban power seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ctherman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is my first post but I have enjoyed the knowledge from reading everyone's discussions. The front and back of my power seat does not move up or down anymore. I pulled the seat up and when I push the button up or down the motor works. I did a search of this forum and tried turning the screw by hand and then it works for one revolution then stops again. I opened the differential where the screw connects to the post coming out of the motor and found the white gears have broken teeth in one spot. I have tried searching the internet but can only find these gears for Infiniti's and Nissans. Does anyone know where I can find these gears or have another solution?

OP
OP
C

ctherman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was afraid of that since I can't find anything anywhere. I was hoping someone figured out a cheaper way to fix it.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi ctherman,

I understand that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle and you are seeking advice regarding this concern. As a customer service representative, I'm not able to provide much in the way of do-it-yourself information, so I'm glad to see forum members are beginning to step in with feedback. If you have any lingering concerns, please contact me via private message.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

Driver3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same issue - I feel like there should be a way to get that gear - maybe made out of metal. Do you have pics of what you found so far?

If I have to replace the entire seat base - I'm just going to manually move it to where I want it. I drive it 90% of the time anyway.

Do you have pics? I have not tried to manually move it yet, was that easy?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast-cheap-right