Bought a burban!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rexmburns

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well after the Yukon was wrecked I had to decide what to do with it and it worked out that after insurance and buying it back from them and then selling it to my boss I lost about $50 so all in all it worked out alright for me lol! So I had a pile of cash and wanted to spend it naturally so I booked a 7 day Caribbean cruise for the Wife and I in October and then picked up a new project/play toy today (well really Friday but I picked it up today)! It's a 93' with only 108k on the clock two owner no accident clean burban. It was owned since 2000 by an older guy that only put 25k on it in 15 years. He didn't drive it the last 3 years due to health and ended up passing away so his wife was selling off some of his many vehicles. Naturally from sitting it needs a few things but nothing major that I can tell so far. The lady put a charger on the battery the night before I was coming and after checking to be sure it had fluids I just wanted to see if it would turn over and to my surprise a quick flick of the key and it started right up! It ran like crap of course but started. So I paid her and we did the paperwork. She was such a sweet old lady I couldn't even bring myself to try and haggle the wopping price of $1400 so that's what I paid for it.
At her house
D8B67A8B-CCC9-40E5-ACCD-DF772FA8263F_zpsm8cg7pso.jpg

D9C0F29C-D7E8-4FDA-8BB3-274A3A9A9A91_zps7umkht8l.jpg

0E49ED42-F465-4DAF-86FD-9D321F353CF0_zpsiwhys3kz.jpg

986C97E2-615F-4C74-8BC8-FCC6879C0CB0_zpseywxfykr.jpg

The paint on the hood and roof is crap but the rest of the paint is great. Sadly the tires were like new but completely dry rotted from sitting for so long so it needed tires. Naturally I searched craigslist and then remembered the guy I got my 14 bolt from had some wheels I was considering buying from him for the Yukon so I called him and he showed up about 2 hours later not with the wheels I had wanted but with a set none the less! Not my first choice of wheels but they are all brand new including lug nuts and center caps. He said $200 for all four and I said sold!
77C22D3B-8DC6-49C3-94BA-A3D0F61967F9_zpsamvaxjka.jpg

3C16DD81-0449-4BDC-84F3-979ADF879AAB_zpst3nl9lus.jpg
While unloading them I couldn't figure out why they were so damn heavy and then found this little sticker:)
2967C83F-C12D-4795-B89E-5CCDD0B3EABD_zpszi1jvjcp.jpg
Turns out they have run flat inserts installed and came from a fully armored van that was parted out!
Went today to pick it up and brought it back to my shop to start messing around. So far I've done cap, rotor, plugs, wires oil change, pcv, and a sea foam. It runs good at idle but under load it's bogging and stumbling most of the time. I'm pretty certain I have a few vacuum leaks so I picked up all the lines and fittings on my way home tonight and I'll swap everything tomorrow and see how that turns out. But for now here it is back at my shop with the new tires on.
91F9871E-3AC2-4BE5-B666-4854D1997562_zpsgcrqkbsy.jpg
Still have to put the center caps on and give it a bath yet. Sorry for the ridiculously long post!

powerhaulic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a '94 same paint sceme
Paid the same money......lol
Except 2500 and a 454
My plow truck
Parked behind my Denali

Attachments

• IMG_0515.jpg
    IMG_0515.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
R

Rexmburns

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys! My plan for now is to make it run and drive good and then maybe a few performance upgrades exhaust, tbi mods, chip ect and drive it for awhile while I'm finishing my LS swap in my Blazer and then maybe do a 6.0 4l80e swap in this and use it as a tow rig. Sure I could likely buy a capable tow rig for less but what's the fun in that!

OP
OP
R

Rexmburns

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rained yesterday so I didn't touch it but it was nice today so I spent a bit of time messing with it. I replaced the vacuum lines and fittings and then decided I should finally change the fuel filter since I bought it but didn't change it and now I wish I would have done it sooner cause as soon as I pulled it rusty gas just poured out and I knew immediately the tank was crap:( sure enough I dropped the tank and even tho the pump and filter were new as of last June the tank was rusted out inside and clogging up the pump and filter. So rather than even messing with trying to clean this tank I just went ahead and ordered a new one that should be here Monday or Tuesday. In the mean time I decided to rip apart the tbi and rebuild/new gasket it just for good measure:). I'm %99.9 percent positive that it will be ready to go as soon as I get the new tank in next week!
Hand fulls of this in the tank!
08141374-ABA6-45F5-B554-AF1C7C361A62_zpsejbjgx6e.jpg

Donnie Yukonie

Yates Caretaker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good start! your wheels now remind me of a guys yukon that frequents both forums Im on, Agree it needs paint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt