Need your help deciding

What option should I go with?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
So I am in between 2 options with my Denali. I've always had something big, and loud and lifted, and this Denali is a little different. So here are my two "choices" or roads I could go down modding.

1. Stock height, or 1'' rear lower, ck375's, and street tires. This set up is super clean, but also very popular.

gmc-yukon-denali-black-4_zpsdb4a96e4.gif

2. 2.5'' front and 1.5'' rear lift, keep factory 20's (for now and swap for black later), and do 305/55/20's. No one really has a lifted Denali and I think it would be cool and unique.

DSC01264_zps4923815e.gif

I realize the 22's are heavier and so are the 33's with a lift kit. I can retain authored, so both will be around the same cost. What do you guys think? Just curious your views.

JochenWoern

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, it is a classy Denali, so I vote for number 1.

My 9 year old boy votes for number 2.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jonah52

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
Well, it is a classy Denali, so I vote for number 1.

My 9 year old boy votes for number 2.

Don't forget to throw your vote in up top!

Lol that kinda says it all huh? I was worried that it may be too new and too classy to jack it up without looking out of place

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I have to choose between those two it'd be choice one. If it was mine I'd do a real drop and go at least 2/4, though.

OP
OP
Jonah52

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
If I have to choose between those two it'd be choice one. If it was mine I'd do a real drop and go at least 2/4, though.

I can't bring myself to do that between the snow, hunting, shooting and hauling trailers I do. Ya know?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can run 2/4 in snow no problem as well as hauling. Not sure of the terrain you go over for hunting so can't speak to that. I've tootled around town in the burb with over a foot of fresh, undriven on snow on the roads and no issues at all and if you tow/haul just get some helper bags :waytogo: I just wouldn't waste my money on 1" of "drop". Might as well just stay where you're at stock IMO

Just my 2 cents :)

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would not do 375s now unless you bought them used and fairly cheap.

They look to common IMO now.

A rear only drop looks "saggy" in real life.

Also, the lowering springs are "softer" than the OEM springs, you will lose hauling capability regardless. Might as well do a real 2/3 drop on 24s.

If you lift it, don't do those wheels, look horrible IMO

OHSIXX

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Option 1 with an updated set of OEM 22's.......375's are nice but getting played out-so many new choices out there.

If you wanted to lift a SUV-shoulda grabbed a Tahoe or Yukon SLT IMO

OP
OP
Jonah52

Jonah52

Senor ******
Reaction score
I would not do 375s now unless you bought them used and fairly cheap.

They look to common IMO now.

A rear only drop looks "saggy" in real life.

Also, the lowering springs are "softer" than the OEM springs, you will lose hauling capability regardless. Might as well do a real 2/3 drop on 24s.

If you lift it, don't do those wheels, look horrible IMO

I was probably going to use the factory 20's if I do lift it, and then buy some black rims later. Hauling wise I need to be able to haul a 20-25ft enclosed snowmobile trailer so I'm just not sure....I'm kinda tempted to try it out nicely at the dunes this summer of I decide to lift it. Part of me just feels weird about lowering, never had a lowered vehicle.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

Option 1 with an updated set of OEM 22's.......375's are nice but getting played out-so many new choices out there.

If you wanted to lift a SUV-shoulda grabbed a Tahoe or Yukon SLT IMO

Really? I really like them, nota fan of the newer wheels with street tires. I have considered getting the 2015 black 20's with chrome inserts if I lift it.

Cshayes2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a friend with a lifted denali, 33s on a 6 inch lift. It looks awesome, only lifted denali Ive seen in person. I think if you want more of a head turner go with lifted. I'm not bashing the street style in any way, there are some sick street style tahoes on here, just think they're more rare lifted. Also guess it depends on where you live.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne