2005 suburban exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tobysan90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tried searching for this, but didnt find anything. I have a loose heat sheild on the muffler and its time for a replacement. What would be a good sounding muffler for a 5.3 in a 05 suburban? I already have a drop in k&n filter and a TB spacer. And the PO installed a axle back Corsa exhaust tip on it, im looking for something that sounds good and dont drone in the cabin

Aaron_L

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever find an exhaust? My Suburban had a Flowmaster on it and the drone was terrible. My kids couldn't watch videos on road trips because it was so loud. I put an MBRP exhaust on it and I've really liked it. No drone at freeway speeds and it sounds good when you stomp on it.

WiCK3D_SiX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id probably stick with a Borla or Magnaflow if you want less drone. Flowmaster 50 series or Cherry Bomb Vortex might not be bad options either. Frankly I never cared about drone so Ill be running a Cherry Bomb Extreme lol.

OP
OP
tobysan90

tobysan90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
yes, i went with the CORSA catback system on it....and love it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut