Need help my 3.5 lift now service lights will not go off!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nath

Reaction score
Hello guys,
I have lifted my 07 Tahoe 4x4 3.5" Rough Country and added Bilstein shocks, but now my abs and traction control lights will not go off, the "service traction controll" flashes up on my readout. this is very frustrating, I love my lift and cant wait to order my 35 inch tires, MT ATZ, BFG ATs, General Grabbers 2, or Nitto DInko AT, or MTs. I cannot decide, but anyway the mechanic told me it takes about 100 miles for the computer to "relearn" and reset....anyone heard of this or is it just BS?
Nath

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
Did you have auto ride before the lift?

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure you put everything back together. I'm pretty sure it's just a sensor that came loose. Check the autoride connections and make sure.

Sent from my iPhone 4g using Tapatalk

OP
OP
nath

nath

Reaction score
I do not have autoride

I do not have autoride it is the antilock brake light and the Traction Control Light.... any idea where this sensors are, I figured they forgot to reinstall one on the back axel or wheel.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
The reason I asked because I believe if the auto ride is disconnected all of those lights come on.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do you currently have aftermarket wheels/tires on there? That will throw those lights as well.

2011Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine did this after I lowered it, it will take a certain amount of key starts to turn out or you can use a scan tool to clear them. Autozone might have a scan tool to do that and I don't think they charge. They probably had to disconnect the sensors at the hub assembly in order to drop it low enough to install part of the lift. Mine took about 8 starts and it was off. I was getting ready to pull it in and use the scan tool and they were off. I heard disconnecting the - battery terminal for a few minutes will reset the computer also.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevensavino