Fuel filter Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol...all you need is 2 wrenches (5/8 & 3/4 iirc), plus a socket/ratchet (13mm?) for the filter mount. Depressurize the fuel lines from the schrader valve on the intake.

Not sure what trick you have but that filter is a serious pain in the ass to get off without that tool. I bought a generic one at AZ, cut it, grinded it to fit and still couldn't get it to unhook the line. Ended up buying that tool online....

Educate us ....

B

redemn93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i guess you may have a quick connect fitting on yours. my truck was like 03 denali's. just needed a couple wrenches.

03_Denali

Reaction score
Not sure what trick you have but that filter is a serious pain in the ass to get off without that tool. I bought a generic one at AZ, cut it, grinded it to fit and still couldn't get it to unhook the line. Ended up buying that tool online....

Educate us ....

B
Which truck do you have? The only place I have found qd's is for the feed and return lines at the intake.

kms_dude

Reaction score
the fuel filter i just took off mine on the driveside. i used a 16mm and a 20mm and just loosened up the fitting on the filter some and let it depressurize. no need to do all that work pushing the schrader valve. be a man and smell like gas :) its not that had

jhellwig

Reaction score

Educate us ....

B

You don't need the tool. Just take a pair of side cutters and cut the tube off the fuel filter. Then take a small screw driver and needle nose pliers and remove the piece from the line.

I had the tool and couldn't get it in there to remove the line. Some filters have a flared ring that prevents you from using the tool.

OP
OP
Devious02

Devious02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just used some sockets and when it came time to take off the line
to the front I just let the filter hang and the chasie hold it and pulled
like hell and it pops right out no tools it's like cliped in if u break the clip
it don't matter the new filter comes with one just pull it hard!

OP
OP
Devious02

Devious02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the fuel filter i just took off mine on the driveside. i used a 16mm and a 20mm and just loosened up the fitting on the filter some and let it depressurize. no need to do all that work pushing the schrader valve. be a man and smell like gas :) its not that had

I 2nd this not much gas comes out of the filter I used a little pan to catch it it didn't spay or anything just let it hang for about 20 secs

kms_dude

Reaction score
but not all filters come with the new clip so if you can use a screwdriver and push the two edges and it should release

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts