Pix: 07 Tahoe Front Doors' Flood Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the NBS had it too. The OBS had that cool reel light under the hood.

Oh well...............:okay2:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright, so it's really hard to get pictures of it, but what I did was ground one of the wires to a ground wire in the window harness. Then, for the power wire I ran it all the way through he door grommet to underneath the drivers side dash. You "could" wire it to the puddle light on your door itself, and I'm pretty sure that's what the OP's shop did, but then it will ONLY come on at night when the puddles come on. I wanted them to come on when my interior lights came on.

Underneath the drivers side dash, directly behind he parking brake is a computer box with 5-6 different color plugs coming off it. Grab the set of wires that come off the white plug towards the top. In the harness will be a solid grey wire, that's your interior lights, T in to it and that wire is the wire you want.

Best pic of the T tapped wire in the harness...
VmJNKEk.jpg

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For anyone wanting to do this I have a set for sale. I had a local friend here want to do it but sold his Tahoe before installing so new without box.

EDIT: It's sold!

Last edited:

Brooklyn hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my lights and they came in last week and going to to do this mod once I get a chance and some free time but I do have One quick question. If I wanted to add lets say a led strip for the rear doors and tap into the same wire would I need to add a fuse so that I do not overload or cause a short.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alright, so it's really hard to get pictures of it, but what I did was ground one of the wires to a ground wire in the window harness. Then, for the power wire I ran it all the way through he door grommet to underneath the drivers side dash. You "could" wire it to the puddle light on your door itself, and I'm pretty sure that's what the OP's shop did, but then it will ONLY come on at night when the puddles come on. I wanted them to come on when my interior lights came on.

Underneath the drivers side dash, directly behind he parking brake is a computer box with 5-6 different color plugs coming off it. Grab the set of wires that come off the white plug towards the top. In the harness will be a solid grey wire, that's your interior lights, T in to it and that wire is the wire you want.

Best pic of the T tapped wire in the harness...
VmJNKEk.jpg

Bumping this up so that I can find it easier. Will be doing this mod soon.

Brooklyn hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok the weather just started getting better so its time to catch up with mods. I had my lights for the flood light mod but for some reason coud not find the harness that you are speaking of went behind the parking brake. Found the box but no solid gray wire in that bundle is it possible that it may be different for the 07 Tahoes.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nope. It's the same. Just need to look up a little bit more

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989