Alternator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sam Hamm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can an alternator be rebuilt to put out a higher ampage or not?

and what is a good place to get high output ones other than iraggi?

whitetahoe

Reaction score
yeah it can be rewound to get more amperage. but you can try DCPOWER ALTERNATORS, MECHMAN ALTERNATORS. and there is a guy that is from somewhere in alabama, his company's name is EXCESSIVE AMPERAGE 13347129955. if you google all three, im sure one of them can help you

ROBERTOcritser

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to a few local generator shops that can do alternators and they both gave me an estimate of around $400 to rebuild my alternator and upgrade some other stuff with it. and that would give it an output of 200 amps. so to answer you question, Yes and i would try local shops if you can.

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
search first, because I know soemtimes you can buy one ready to bolt on cheaper than building one. Excessive, Iraggi, but I prefer Powermaster myself.
You can order a ** Powermaster from Jegs.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
They must be trying to pull a fast one on you.
I saw some on Ebay for my 07 the other day for less than than, high output and meant for very powerful systems.

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have a friend that works at an alternator shop, I can not for the life of me remember the name!! I will have to ask Justin but I know they have an online store, and you can get 250amp polished alternators for $300.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blokroknbeats