Auto ride questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tracerprix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a GMC Yukon. I am not sure if I should be looking for the ones with the auto ride I think they are the SLT or the non auto ride I think the SLE. Am I correct? Is it worth finding an auto ride? How well do they work? Can you tell a difference? Good for towing? Thanks!

Mike

DenaliAK

Colder than you
Reaction score
My brief experience with autoride thus far has not been good. Course I got a used Yukon Denali, and two weeks later the compressor siezed, so my suspension in the back is shot. It is a pain in the butt and VERY EXPENSIVE to fix with compatible autoride parts.

If I had a choice now, I'd go with standard shocks. It's a whole lot cheaper to replace when they go bad, and most people on here seem to like the ride better.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just because it is an SLT does not mean it is an auto ride.

IF you find a truck with working autoride, try to use that as a barganing point ot reduce the price. And then just budget for it's eventual replacement.

I was very happy to finally find one with all the options i wanted that did NOT have autoride!

OP
OP
T

tracerprix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just because it is an SLT does not mean it is an auto ride.

IF you find a truck with working autoride, try to use that as a barganing point ot reduce the price. And then just budget for it's eventual replacement.

I was very happy to finally find one with all the options i wanted that did NOT have autoride!

AH! I did not know that! Thanks!

Mike

thunderii

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do any of you have a problem with sagging in rear springs? I've replace my shocks with Edelbrock shocks all 4 of them. The stock shocks were pretty heavy I wonder if these shocks support the weight of truck helping springs to maintain the level.

Tribalbreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a denali with the auto ride, and when it did work it was great... i towed a few times and loaded the truck and it went well... now that it is shot im looking at an expensive fix and a horrible ride untill then... just my .02

bigpapapete

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
replaced autoride with normal shocks . replacement way to expensive for what it does.The only problem with that is the message that comes up everytime I start my 2003 Tahoe LT

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I have bilsteins on my autoride denali, love em 10x better than the stockers. Mine didn't have any issues even with my 5" drop but they were a bit too long even with the shock extensions. You can wire up some resistors to get rid of the service ride control light but I'd honestly try finding a non-autoride truck unless you really want the denali (which is fanfuckingtastic and worth every penny).

OP
OP
T

tracerprix

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I love the look of the Denali. I really do! I don't drive much to work every day. But the 6.0L might be too much for me with the fuel mileage and I might not like the AWD. Who knows. I might love it!