New body style

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denali0229

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any idea when GM will come out with a new body style for the Tahoes, Yukons and Escalades? I believe they do it around every five years. I thought I read somewhere that a new line will be released in 2013. Kinda disappointing considering I just got my truck and I'll probably be tempted to get a new one. Also, the 2007-08 Denalis only have 380 HP versus the newer ones which have 403 HP but its the same size engine. Do you guys know where they improved the engine to get the extra 23 HP?

skippy737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dunno but i bet the 2012 denalis/yukons go the way of the 1996 broncos and in ten years everyone may want them and they will retain their value nicely--- sounds like they are going to pussify the new yukon with less HP and a crappy frame/body style crossover crap---

Big Bad Allis

Reaction score

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
I'd say it would be damn-near impossible to "improve" the overall look of a Tahoe other than fix the third-row seat disaster. More likely General Motors will come out with a sissified design that I wouldn't be caught dead in.

SCMODS

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you've owned any SUV with a fold-flat 3rd row you know what a space-eater our 3rd rows are. That said, most fold-flat 3rd rows use the space from eliminating the solid rear axle. They need to fix the 3rd row to stay competitive so it'll be interesting.

As far as the looks, I still love the current Tahoe's looks too. Since the upcoming change goes hand in hand with the full size pick ups, I think we can be sure they will retain the handsome looks and it will be an evolutionary change, not something woosified.

I'd say it would be damn-near impossible to "improve" the overall look of a Tahoe other than fix the third-row seat disaster. More likely General Motors will come out with a sissified design that I wouldn't be caught dead in.

randuff

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2