Rear blower motor resistor/relay

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aqwk68

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think I have narrowed my rear ac/heat problem to the relay/resistor next to the rear blower motor (It has two wire harnesses that plug into it and two wires that come from it that plug into the blower motor). I can bypass this piece and get the blower motor to run. It's in my 2002 tahoe.

The problem is I can't seem to find the part number for this and the parts stores only show a resistor for the front blower motor. I did find an acdelco part which is for the aux blower motor relay. It is part# 15-8961. Would this work? I can't tell by their picture.

Last edited:

jim o

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Try rockauto.com 2003 tahoe part#ru 394 click on i next to part no. for closeup pics

fasedy13

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Where is the rear blower and resistors located. My rear air stopped blowing shortly after I replaced the resistor for the front blower. So I'm assuming the rear blower resistor needs replaced but have no idea where it is located to test it.