how to remove truck wax

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
I know this belongs in detailing but i need many opinions and i think it will get better exposure in the section.

What is the safest way to remove the wax from my truck so i can start fresh again?

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
I used some Mequiars quick Ultimate Detailing spray to remove the Meguiars GOld CLass Wax with a microfiber

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
i used to just use dawn dish soap, it strips the wax... but i have read here and there that this can be harmful to the clear coat

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Whops I thought you meant getting wax off after applying it but you meant to get it off so you can redo it right?
If so most waxes wear off after about 12 car washes, just depends on the wax quality. But if you haven't reached that point I suggest using a clay abr to remove it. Turtle Wax ICE Liquid Clay Bar is easier to use and will remove that wax for you!

OP
OP
tybardy

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
i was going to pick up a cley bar this weekend, how many you think will be needed to do this whole truck? I was thinking at least two

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
If you do the Liquid Caly bar then you'll need just one bottle. COnsidering I'm still on the same bottle and have clayed about 4 times.
But then if the regular one then you can use just one, most packs come with two anyway!

Fyrcaptain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Zaino used to say wash the truck with Dawn......in moderation.....of course not the glug, glug, glug, glug method of metering out the Dawn....

withac

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joy dish soap to strip the wax. Yes, it can be harsh if used too often, but once a year to strip wax won't hurt. Then clay bar. If you dont drop the clay bar in the dirt you will only need one. You just keep working it over so you have a new surface. Ive' used the same clay bar 5 or 6 times. Depending on how dirty the vehicle is. If you pick up grit, paint chips, etc, you might need a new one. Otherwise you can reuse it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmily8474