Video / GPS aftermarket questions, custom install kit??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bryguy1822

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hello all - just picked up a 2003 yukon and am looking to modify the center counsil....well, i'd like to install a DVD / GPS player where the pockets and power outlets are. I am not looking to remove the stock head unit. I've got bose and onstar. anyhow, any custom pieces out there wrapped in vinyl or leather? any suggestions on a DVD / GPS player..would prefer to keep it simple and around $500 to $700. This is suppose to be the Kids vehilce..LOL...the wife thinks so.....

NJ04HOE

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if anybody sells a piece like that but when I had a similar idea I ended up making my own to put in an extra monitor. I used the original piece ,a dremel, some bondo,glue, and paint. It wasn't that hard and it felt good to know I made it without any experience.
What kind of dvd/gps you plan on using? Model# or pic

Here's a pic of what I did:

23099350083_large.jpg

OP
OP
B

Bryguy1822

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
That turned out nice for not having any experience. I don't mind playing with this stuff at all, just on a time restriction. Family trip is approaching fast. The overhead DVD is in the mail and that should be a fun install. Haven't done one yet....

Anyhow - As for the type of gps / dvd...I"m really not sure. I'm open for suggestions. I just want something that plays DVD's while moving and GPS. Nothing fancy, but would prefer at least a 7 inch screen. Maybe I should just install my Pioneer AVIC N1 in that spot...It's a few years old..if i screw up, i'll cut the 4 Din size and get one like yours...LOL...

MOBmentality

Has a $25,000 Punch
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That turned out nice for not having any experience. I don't mind playing with this stuff at all, just on a time restriction. Family trip is approaching fast. The overhead DVD is in the mail and that should be a fun install. Haven't done one yet....

Anyhow - As for the type of gps / dvd...I"m really not sure. I'm open for suggestions. I just want something that plays DVD's while moving and GPS. Nothing fancy, but would prefer at least a 7 inch screen. Maybe I should just install my Pioneer AVIC N1 in that spot...It's a few years old..if i screw up, i'll cut the 4 Din size and get one like yours...LOL...

why dont you just run a dd kenwood with a bose bypass and onstar kit.

Speaker outs on the kenwood push more than garbage (gm) bose anyway.

Throwing away my bose was the best thing i ever did for my trucks sound.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmily8474

Latest posts