skid plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jngbriggs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 09 Yukon. It came with a plastic shield that starts behind the front bumper and extends to the bottom of the frame just in front of the engine. I ordered the GMC skid plate parts from my dealer. This was two separate parts. A metal (I think it is aluminum) shield for below the engine block / oil pan, and a shield for below the transfer case.

Can anyone tell me if there is a metal skid plate to replace the plastic shield that came with the unit for between the front bumper and the bottom of the engine block. When I try to search for this on line all I get is the bull bar type configuration. I don't want anything that beefy to spoil the look of the rig, I just want a bit of extra protection beyond what the plastic shield would offer in the front.

Modded

That Guy
Reaction score
Nope thats it, there is no front metal skidplate mainly because it would be hard to mount metal to that bumper.
WHat most people do is just take off the front plastic if they don't like it!

zzpw3x

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have part numbers for the skid plates?

Dale

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jmily8474

Latest posts